Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Wicked Lovely, by Melissa Marr

Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr
Hey again!

Wow travelling gives one a lot of time to read! :D

I just finished Wicked Lovely, by Melissa Marr!

 Wicked Lovely is about Aislinn, a girl who has always been able to see faeries around her, without them knowing she could see them. One day, a pair of fae start following her, and her whole world changes, for the better or the worse of both human and faery kind...

(I'm so tempted to just write fairy but that's not how it's written so >.>)

This was a cute book! I've always loved modern fairy tales like this! I REALLY liked the fae and the world around them! The summer fae seemed so warm and happy and, well, summery, while the winter court was cold and intrusive. The whole story around them and their power is so great! 

I also really liked the quotes from old books about fairies that the author uses at the beginning of each chapter to introduce a new idea or concept about them! 

Aislinn is an amazing protagonist! She is strong and stands by her ideas and what she wants, yet can also be soft and sweet. It was especially apparent when both Seth and Keenan let her have her way whenever she wants. 

Seth is kind of strange, but is super sweet! One thing I found strange about him was that he just completely accepted the fact that there are invisible faeries all around him, and barely even questioned it. I think that anyone would have questioned it at least a bit... and he's a bit clingy in my opinion. 

Keenan is pretty awesome too :) He'd make a good king! He really seems cool! Kinda weird that he is always having to court different girls to check if they can be the new summer queen, though... 

I'm kind of disappointed that Aislinn's friends are pretty much forgotten about halfway trough the novel, though. They could have been an interesting addition to the end of the book! 

The book was written at a nice pace, and was easy to follow the plot and the development. 


I do think, though, that all of the characters had a tendency to just accept things as they came, no questions asked. Faeries are real? Okay! I'm the long lost summer queen? Woah freaky, but sure I'll do it! Meh... I just thought those parts could have been done better.

I was also slightly disappointed that it was  pretty much only focused on the love triangle...

However, I did enjoy reading it! :D 

I gave this book a 3.5/5 on goodreads as well! 

Have you read Wicked Lovely? What did you think about it? Let me know! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey guys! I hope you enjoyed this post!
Any and all comments make me smile, and I will reply to all of them!
I can reply in English, French, and sometimes in Dutch and German.
Have an absolutely fabulous day!