Saturday, August 22, 2015

TAGATHON #1 - Sisterhood of the World Blogger's Award!

TAGATHON!!!

#1 - Sisterhood of the World Blogger's Award! 
Awarded by Erika! Thanks so much, girl!! <3 And, more recently, by Cloe!

Hey everyone! 
So I'm in a bit of a tough situation here - as you may have noticed, I've been posting every day, which is not what I'm used to, to be honest. This has been because I've been busy for the past 6 weeks, and I've had a LOT of stuff to catch up with! Next week I'll be gone, and uni starts again the day I'm back, so I'll have a lot less time to do all of my blogging things, except for occasional tags and book reviews :/ 

<>

So basically, since I still have so much to catch up on, and like less than 12 hours to do it, I'm going to be doing a mini TAGATHON, responding to all of the awards/tags that I haven't been able to get to yet! :D  (BTW I won't be tagging anyone because, since I got a lot of these while I've been gone, and I haven't had the chance to check out who was tagged, I would be spending hours researching who hasn't been tagged yet. I'm super sorry :( :( :( Its already super late here... normally I would but I'm just a bit overwhelmed with stuff right now...) 

So bear with me while your inbox/google+/newsfeed/bloglovin' just suddenly get tons of notifications from JABB! ^_^




I was so surprised to get this award from Erika! (Link above) Thanks so much!!!!!! :D 

Rules:
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you and link their website
2. Use the award logo in your post.
3. Answer the 10 questions provided by the blogger who tagged you
4. Nominate 10 bloggers
5. Ask them 10 questions


Questions

1. What book have you re-read the most?
If you don't count kids books that you read 100+ times as a kid because you just love it so much, then the series that I've read the most is Percy Jackson and the Olympians, by Rick Riordan. I've literally read the 5 middle grade books once a year since I was in 6th grade (aka 7 years in a row). Still have to read them this year, I'll get to them soon!! They're just so quick and easy and funny and imaginative and I just love them! 

2. Most anticipated read(s) coming out this year? 

As mentioned in a previous Feature and Follow, I'm REALLY looking forward to reading The Illuminae Files and The Rest of us just Live Here! 

3. What's your favourite genre?

YA FANTASY! Magic is my jam and surrealism is awesome! But I do like a good contemporary from time to time, and dystopian is another amazing genre! 

4. Paperback, hardcover, ebook, or audiobook?

Paperback!

5. Do you read before you sleep?

Yes, 95% of the time! (The other 5% being when I watch a few extra episodes of any series I follow and then realize its almost 2 AM ^-^)

6. Top three favourite book couples?

- Katniss and Peeta (bring on the haters in 3... 2... 1...)
- Lucian and Arianna (Stravaganza series!)
- Hazel and Augustus

7. Do you listen to music while reading?

Yes and no... I will if I'm in the car or bus or plane, but otherwise no...
But I do listen to music when writing posts! (Currently listening to Imagine Dragons' Smoke and Mirrors album!)

8. Prettiest book you have/have seen?

The prettiest book I own is probably a special edition collection of Jane Austen novels! Okay no its definitely the prettiest!

9. Do you like reading buddies? If so, what book have you read with a buddy/want to read with a buddy?

Nope... not unless you count a few blogging 'buddies' I have! I'd love to do a read-along with a few other blogs! *-*

10. Three under-hyped authors you love?

Julie Bretagna - Exodus
Mary Hoffman - Stravaganza
Kristen Cashore 


Questions from Cloe! (Sorry if these are not as in depth, I did this at a later time when... well I didn't have a lot of time on my hands =p )


1. What is your favourite genre?
YA FANTASY! Magic is my jam and surrealism is awesome! But I do like a good contemporary from time to time, and dystopian is another amazing genre!

2. Which book/series do you think deserves more recognition than it gets?
Graceling, by Keirsten Cashore. Barely anyone knows about it, but its such a great series!!! 

3. Which character traits annoy you the most?

Arrogance and thinking that you are the center of the universe. Ugh please no.

4. Do you read books in other languages?

I"ll read in French sometimes! Even though I speak French just as well as I speak English, it takes longer for me to read/write in French =p 

5. Which character do you relate most to?

On a personal or general level? I'd like to say Katniss, Hermione, or Annabeth. Yeah they're all really different, but I see myself in each of them, you know?

6. Which fictional world would you love to live in?

Any, really! And I know I've answered this question before, but since I don't want to go through all my old posts to find the answer, I want to say Camp Half Blood!

7. If you could go back in time to get the first edition copy of a book, which book would it be?

I honestly have no idea for this... /:

8. If you could have a magical power, what would it be?

Water bending >.> 

9. You can ask your favourite author one question. What is it?

I would ask J. K. Rowling if there are any fan theories that are true about Harry Potter! 

10. If there was one book you wish you could wipe from your memory, which one would it be?

The first half of Game of Thrones. I only got the first half done - it was too confusing, and now with all of the GoT stuff going around I'm like 'did I ever hear that name or am I going crazy or what?" ugh it's annoying! 

My Questions!! 
I know I said I'm not tagging anyone, but I'd be really happy if you answer some of the questions in the comments, or anywhere else! :D

1. Choose a name for yourself: Max, Fang, Iggy, Gazzy, Angel, Nudge, Dylan? (Angel)
2. Best green book you own? (I, Coriander)
3. Favorite contemporary novel? (I am the Messenger)
4. Your go-to book to get you out of a reading slump? (It really really depends...)
5. The book/series that got you reading more and more and more and... (Percy Jackson)
6. Favorite pet from a book? (Hedwig!)
7. Twilight: Yay or nay? (Nay) 
8. Which author would you write a letter to if you had to pick one, with a guaranteed answer? (J. K. Rowling!)
9. On vacation: e-book or physical book? (depends on mode of transport, tbh...)
10. Favorite kid's book? (The Little Prince)

That's it! :D 


2 comments:

  1. YES, Percy Jackson for the win! That series is simply pure amazing. I can't even imagine what my life would be like without that series! Haha, in response to question 1, I think I'd like to be called Max (mainly because I like Max's full name, Maximum Ride) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ikr!!! I love the series so much!! *-* I'm planning on writing a letter to the author, hopefully I'll get a reply!!
    Awesome! Max is an awesome character!

    ReplyDelete

Hey guys! I hope you enjoyed this post!
Any and all comments make me smile, and I will reply to all of them!
I can reply in English, French, and sometimes in Dutch and German.
Have an absolutely fabulous day!