Saturday, January 28, 2017

Loot Crate - My Dream Crate

Hey all! 

So the other day I was trying not to fall asleep in front of a boring movie so, like most young adults, I took out my phone to scroll through notifications. I opened my email to see something I wasn't expecting. At all. 

At first, I thought it was a comment or another blogger who wanted to contact me. I opened up the email to see that it was from Loot crate. Loot crate!!! I'm a huge nerd and am quite geeky, so of course, I knew exactly what Lootcrate was - an incredibly geeky monthly subscription box centered only around some of the coolest games, series, and franchises in this world's geekdom. Make sure to click on the link above to check out everything they have to offer - it's seriously cool! 

So once I got my senses together again - I was so surprised that they noticed my little blog! - I realized they were inviting me to take part in a project that sounds like a lot of fun called the Dream Crate project. 

The Dream Crate project is simple - you come up with what would be the coolest, nerdiest things to get in a subscription box from Loot Crate, and write about it! The best Crates will be shared by Loot Crate and may even become reality one day! Can you imagine getting your dream subscription box in the mail? The dream! Also, the cool thing is that you can participate too! 

So, without further ado, I'm going to present my Just Another Bookish Blog Dream Crate! 


I've recently re-discovered my love for photoshop! ^-^ 

My Theme: The Fandom Dream
Since this blog is dedicated to Young Adult books, which itself branches out into fandoms, I'm going to make a YA fandom box! But of course, it won't be like your typical YA subscription box - I finally have a chance to create and incredibly geeky and nerdy box based on some of my favorite franchises! 

Item 1: A little bookshelf friend - Nerdy Funko! 
It's no secret, in 2016, Funko Pops have taken over the nerdy human's (book)shelves across the world. How cool would it be to receive a random one from, say, 4 different nerdy series? Harry Potter, Disney, Sherlock, Doctor Who, Once Upon a Time, Marvel, and so many others could be so much fun to get a random Pop from! 

Item 2: The One True Weapon - Archery!
I love archery. I'm currently 20 and have taught myself archery since I was 12. Archery is a very typical weapon and/or sport - archer characters in books and in movies, Legolas, Dungeons and Dragons... You never really think about it, but it's everywhere. How cool would some archery-themed item be in a Loot Crate? Well, since it's from Loot Crate, it would probably be awesome! 

Item 3: Is that critical damage? - D&D dice set!
I must admit. I play Dungeons and Dragons from time to time. Yes, it's geeky, but it's amazing. And I do have my own dice (purple with gold numbering and they're so pretty!), BUT imagine this - dice with numbering in elvish, or another world's language? You could play D&D like the ultimate nerd, no shame! 

Item 4: I didn't know you were a Ravenclaw - Harry Potter house merch!
Imagine this: you know that you can get a HP merch sub box, but you don't know which house it'll represent. Usually, it's Gryffindor or Slytherin, but that's not quite fair to all of us Ravenclaws or Hufflepuffs! What if Lootcrate had some HP house merch of some kind (a shirt, socks, laptop stickers, a mug, etc...), but when you order your box, you can choose your house! I'm somewhat dying to get a Ravenclaw mug, I must say... ^-^

Item 5: Something for everyone - Lord of the Rings print!
Personally, my favorite quote from the amazing Lord of the Rings franchise is "Not all those who wander are lost", and I feel that many people quote this without even realizing that it's from something as nerdy as LOTR. A print with this quote would be awesome! 

Item 6: Give the nerdiness around and back around it goes- Nerdy Laptop Stickers!
Sometimes, finding the right laptop sticker - both for yourself and to please everyone - can be very difficult. It would be so cool to have a small booklet of laptop stickers - one or two for each fandom represented in the box! Then we could use the ones we like and share the ones our friends like! 


That's all I have for now! I realize it's not as crazy and extravagant as it could be, but I like the possibility of this box! :) 

What do you guys think? Does this represent the Fandoms well? What am I absolutely missing? Let me know below! 

Stay bookish! (And nerdy!)



4 comments:

  1. LOVING your blog theme! Really gorgeous! :)

    www.letmecrossover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your! Blog's! Changes! Look! AMAZING!
    I absolutely love your ideas, and how wide a range the fandoms are! As a fellow nerd, I would give almost anything to have one of these. I actually have a notebook with the "Not all who wander are lost" quote on it--I love it so much! ^.^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D Thank you so much Erika! Hahah I really appreciate it!
      I'm glad you like the box too! That quote is one of my favorites, and that notebook sounds amazing :)

      Delete

Hey guys! I hope you enjoyed this post!
Any and all comments make me smile, and I will reply to all of them!
I can reply in English, French, and sometimes in Dutch and German.
Have an absolutely fabulous day!