Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Would You Rather...? Book Tag!

Hey all! 

I was tagged by the amazing Jen @ Jenacide By Bibliophile to do the Would You Rather book tag! Thank you so much! Make sure to visit her blog, it's lovely! 

I haven't been tagged in things in a while - I missed tags! :D 




Ok so here we go! 
(I tried to get rid of the purple text three times by now and it won't leave, my apologies ._. )

WOULD YOU RATHER...

1. Read only series or stand-alone books? 
Ok so first question and I'm already debating. A lot of fantastic books are stand-alones! I feel like I'm a traitor to books like The Fault in our Stars, Everything Everything, I am the Messenger and other amazing stand-alones, but I have to lean towards series. There's just something about the anticipiation of the next book and the satisfaction of finally having the next book in your hands that stand-alones just can't replicate. 

2. Read a book whose main character is male or female?
I honestly don't really have a preference, but I'll say female. It's always so cool when you have this awesome heroine who pushes boundaries and does the unexpected. 

3. Shop only at an actual book store or online? 
I hate this question. I work at an actual bookstore and spend way too much time in actual bookstores, supporting small businesses. The thing is, around here, we don't have a lot of second-hand bookstores. I really wish we did, like there are back in the US. If there were I'd say actual bookstores. But in my situation (Reading in English, but most books here are sold in Dutch), I have to say online. Amazon and BookOutlet are my saviors. *not a sponsor

4. Have all books become movies or tv shows? 
Movies! Have you ever seen a book series be turned into a series sucessfully? Shadowhunters failed, and I'm scared about what they might do to Throne of Glass. 

5. Read 5 pages a day or 5 books a week?
5 pages a day is torture. That's not even a chapter in most cases. Gimme time and 5 books a week will be easy. 

6. Be a professional book reviewer or an author?
Reviewer! My writing skills are, well, limited. But all in all, I want to keep reviewing a hobby - I absolutely love it but don't want to make it my career. I don't even want to work in publishing or editing - the chemistry lab is calling my name! ^-^

7. Only read the same 20 books over and over, or only be allowed to get a new book every 6 months? 
The thing is, there are so many books already on my kindle and shelf that I haven't read, that getting a new book every 6 months would be okay. Plus I love re-reading. Reading the same 20 books over and over would get tiring and boring. 

8. Be a librarian or own a bookstore? 
Own a bookstore! I don't want to have ugly sticker labels on the books I handle - I fiddle so much that I'd probably accidently peel them off anyway! 

9. Only read your favorite author or genre?
Genre, of course. Think about it - my favorite author probably wrote a book in my favorite genre! Plus you'd have more variety if you choose genre. What if your favorite author only published one book? 
Now I still have to figure out who my favorite author is / what my favorite genre is.

10. Read only physical copies or e-readers? 
Physical copies. No contest. There's nothing like holding a book in your hands and feeling the left side get thicker as the right side gets thinner throught the day. 

That's it for this tag! I'm tagging Erika @ Books, Stars and the Pages In Between, and AJ @ Read All the Things!  Have fun! :D 

Have a great day! 

Stay bookish! 



2 comments:

  1. I love series books, too. There's just something about really getting to know characters, settings, etc. that make series books so satisfying! It takes me a long time to get through them -- especially those with a million installments -- but still.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi!
      Yes, characters are always my favorite aspects of books - that and the setting! I love going through years with a specific set of characters and seeing their development and growth :)

      Delete

Hey guys! I hope you enjoyed this post!
Any and all comments make me smile, and I will reply to all of them!
I can reply in English, French, and sometimes in Dutch and German.
Have an absolutely fabulous day!